§1 Information on the collection of personal data
In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
Responsible according to Art. 4 para. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Phone +49 (0)611 / 160 290
§3 Data protection registrar
Phone +49 (0)611 / 160 290
§4 Regulatory agency
The supervisory authority responsible for us is:
Der Hessische Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
Phone +49 (0)611 / 1408-0
§5 Rights to information and revocation
You have the following rights towards us with regard to personal data concerning you:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to limitation of processing,
- Right of opposition to the processing,
- Right to data transferability.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
§6 Collection of personal data for informational use
- When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. when you do not log in, register or otherwise provide us with information, we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the website. These are: IP address, date and time of the request, time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), content of the request (specific page), access status/HTTP status code, amount of data transmitted in each case, website from which the request comes, browser, operating system and its interface, language and version of the browser software.
- Furthermore, cookies are stored on your computer when using the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to WOA GmbH. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
- This website uses transient cookies for temporary use. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- This stored information is stored separately from any other data we may have provided. In particular, the data in the cookies are not linked to your other data.
- You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
§7 Use of functions and offers on our website
- Applicability for all services of the website
In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. As a rule, you must provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
- Processing by external service providers
In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us and are bound by our instructions.
- Passing on to third parties
Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer special offers, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below.
- Headquarters outside the EU
If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the EU, we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§8 Opposition or revocation
- Revocation of consent
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
- Conflict of interests
If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary in particular to fulfil a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
- Objection in case of use for advertising purposes
§9 Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. "("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will reduce your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website and Internet use.
- The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
- You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymizeIp()". This shortens the processing of IP addresses and prevents direct personal contact.
§10 Use of social media plug-ins
- We currently use the following social media plug-ins (links): [Xing, LinkedIn, Ariba]. We use the so-called 2-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of these plug-ins (social media links). You can recognize the provider of the plug-in (link) by the first letter. Only if you click on one of the plug-ins (links), personal data will be transmitted: By activating the plug-in (links), data is automatically transferred to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (for US providers in the USA). We have no influence on the data collected and data processing processes, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes and the storage periods. Since the plug-in (link) provider collects data mainly via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies before clicking on the grayed-out box using your browser's security settings.
- If you activate a plug-in (link), the plug-in (link) provider receives the information that you have called the corresponding subpage of our online offer. In addition, the data mentioned in § 6 of this declaration are transmitted, whereby in the case of Facebook only an anonymised IP is collected according to the information provided by the respective provider in Germany. This is independent of whether you have an account with this plug-in (link) provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in to the plug-in (link) provider, this data is assigned directly to your account. If you click the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in (link) provider will also store this information in your user account and inform your contacts publicly. If you do not wish to be assigned to your profile with the plug-in (link) provider, you must log out before activating the button.
- The plug-in (link) provider stores these data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the design of its website in line with requirements. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (also for not logged in users) for the representation of demand-fair advertisement and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in (link) provider to exercise this right.
- Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in (link) provider can be found in the following data protection declarations of these providers. They will also provide you with further information about your rights in this regard and setting options to protect your privacy.
- Addresses of the respective providers and URL with their data protection information:
- Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
- Ariba Inc, 3420 Hillview Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA; https://www.ariba.com/de-de/privacy-policy
- Vimeo, LLC, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA; https://vimeo.com/privacy
§11 Integration of third-party services
- We have also included content from Google Maps and Google Web Fonts on this website.
- What are Google Web Fonts?
Google Web Fonts are free character sets provided by Google that can be used on client computers to display web pages. When displaying the website, the visitor's computer downloads the character sets from Google. Google registers this process and can recognize which website was opened by the user. The information about your use of this website generated by accessing the character sets is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google Web Fonts are used on the legal basis pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
- What are Google Maps?
With the help of Google Maps we can show you interactive maps directly on the website and enable you to use the map function comfortably. To display a section of a map, Google must make the graphic available to the website visitor. Google transfers the map section to the visitor's IP address and processes this information. Furthermore, Google receives the information that the corresponding subpage of the website has been called up. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must first log out of Google. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (even for not logged in users) for the provision of demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the Google network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
- Further information
Third-party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Information about Google Web Fonts: https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq
- Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.